APNIC MPLS Workshop - Monday 23 January to Wednesday 25 January, 2017
Cost : $150
This technical workshop is made up of lectures and hands-on lab exercises to teach both basic and advance concepts of MPLS, MPLS VPN (both L3 & L2), Traffic Engineering Techniques, MPLS network design principles, LDP, and BGP as a signalling protocol etc.The course includes considerable practical work based on IPv4 as well as IPv6 and router configuration commands.
Mid or high-level technical staff of an ISP or enterprise that are involved in day-to-day network operation functions.
It is assumed that participants have a clear understanding of network operations, Internet technologies, the OSI reference model, TCP/IP, and OSPF/IS-IS. They must be fluent in BGP, and/or encouraged to complete one of the APNIC/APRICOT/SANOG/bdNOG BGP Workshops, and have BGP routing protocol and router operating software (i.e Cisco IOS etc) skills.
- Introduction to MPLS
- MPLS Label Distribution Protocol
- MPLS LDP configuration (Lab exercise)
- MPLS Layer 3 VPN concept & architecture
- MPLS L3 VPN configuration (Lab exercise)
- MPLS Layer 2 VPN concept & architecture
- MPLS Layer 2 VPN configuration (Lab exercise)
- MPLS traffic engineering
- MPLS traffic engineering (Lab exercise)
- IPv6 and MPLS VPN (6VPE/6PE)
- InterAS L3 VPN service
- LDP configuration and analysis
- MPLS L3 VPN configuration:
- Site-to-site VPN;
- Hub and Spoke VPN;
- Shared extranet VPN (Import-RT Map/Export-RT Map tools);
- 6vPE & 6PE.
- MPLS L2 VPN Configuration:
- Point-to-point (Pseudowire);
- Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) config analysis.
- Traffic engineering tunnel to manipulate IGP path